Friday, May 11, 2012

Making Butterflies!

I know you are thinking....ewwwwww....grosss!!!!  But wait, I thought it was going to be too, but it's really cool!  I promise.



My Mother In Law had got my daughter a "grow your own butterfly kit".  You send away for the caterpillars which come tiny in this little jar, you let them grow in here (the food comes in the bottom of it), then once the cocoon, you move them into a pop-up enclosure that comes with the kit until they break free and are then butterflies!  Then we get to set them free!

It is really amazing and so cool that my daughter get's to watch daily what is happening.  I really am thankful that my Mother In Law decided to get it, it is so cool!

This is one of my all time favorite poems, infact it came on a birthday card I was given by a good friend Leah the year that I had weight loss surgery and was going through a lot of mental and physical changes in my life.  I still have it hanging on my desk.


it says:

"Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly"

I love that.

No comments:

Post a Comment