Tuesday, September 4, 2012

No-Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Protein Bars

I was looking online for a good after school snack for my kindergartner, and myself that had protein, fruit, and could be healthy enough to eat for breakfast.  I found this recipe (source) and had most all the ingredients in my cabinets already!  These are packed with protein, chewy, delicious and sugar free!!

No-Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Protein Barsrecipe adapted from (source)

DRY:
1.5 c Oats
1/2 c Shredded Coconut (I used unsweetened)
1/2 c Chocolate Chips (I used sugar free choc chips)
*1/4 c almonds, chopped (I added this ingredient from original recipe, but it may be omitted or substituted for other nuts)
(you can also add any dried fruit but I didn't have any)

OPTIONAL:
3 scoops Chocolate Whey Protein Powder
1.5 Tsp Cinnamon

WET:
1 Ripe Banana (mashed) (I had small ones so I used 2)

1/2 c Maple syrup (or agave, or honey) (I didn't have a 1/2c of any one, so I used all three and made it equal 1/2 c)
1/2 c Peanut Butter (or any nut butter, i.e. almond, pecan, cashew, etc.) (I used almond butter) 
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract

Directions

Combine all DRY ingredients in a large bowl. In a smaller bowl, mash ripe banana, and add all wet ingredients.
Pour wet ingredients into dry, and mix well.

Spread mixture into baking dish lined with plastic wrap or waxed paper (or spray). Press until flat.

Place dish in freezer for a few hours, or until firm. Remove from dish and carefully cut into 15 squares/bars or logs. For easy grab-and-go snacks, wrap bars individually in plastic wrap.
Store in fridge or freezer for up to a month. These bars soften quickly at room temperature.

Makes 15 protein/granola bars.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment