Monday, July 23, 2012

Dr. Seuss Christmas in July Party


Our daycare does an annual Christmas in July Party every year in the summer in lieu of one at Christmas time, for all the families that come to daycare.  Our daycare provider is unbelievable, she starts over a month before the party planning and decorating and having all the kids help with craft projects that are used to decorate her whole yard.  This year's theme was Dr. Seuss!!

The One Fish Two Fish, had the faces of all our children.....very clever!


All the decorations on the HOO tree were all handmade by the kids.

center pieces on the tables included all different Dr. Seuss books
There were decorations from some of the books too, so cute!

My Little Cindy Lu Hoo!  She looked like her, but I don't think that was planned! ;)

More decorations - flowers with our children's photos and leaves made from their hands!

"Cat in the Hat" cookies I brought made from white chocolate dipped oreos with red chocolate dipped marshmallows on top.  Kids loved em!

Santa came in his summer time attire and brought gifts for each child - how fun!!  And, I loved how Christmas music was playing in the background of the party.... caught myself singing along alot once.

Every Year the Daycare Provider has an annual WATER BALLOON FIGHT!!  All the kids gang up on her and water balloon's fly back and forth through the yard! 
After the waterballoons, they gave each child a plastic cup to pick up all the broken balloon's on the ground and she gave each child a prize for picking them all up (which was genius!).
Loved this t-shirt!!

Over all a fun time had all and being that my Cindy Lu Hoo starts kindergarten, sadly will miss coming here regularly and seeing all her friends.  We still plan to visit on off days and summers but I know it's a place my daughter truly feels loved and will miss.

Thank you Darlene's Garden Daycare....you have been Angels from Heaven to us!!!
You will be missed!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Great write up and pix!
    Thanks for sharing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss bringing my kids to Darlene, too. My oldest learned to sign the book Brown Bear, Brown Bear because Darlene signed when she read to the kids. Darlene possesses a great balance between firmness and love and I appreciated that greatly. Keep up the good work Darlene! -Lynn Anderson Lopez

    ReplyDelete