Monday, July 23, 2012

Peanut Butter Cup Protein Ice Cream

Forever I have wanted to make protein ice cream....

I don't know why I waited so long..... I can't believe I did!  I could have lived off this stuff when I was in the soft food stage right after my WLS!!!  Boy I am kicking myself now! 

Don't worry, I am sure I will make up for it!

I think the whole pre-planning part of deep freezing the ice cream maker kept throwing me off because you had to put that in the freezer like a day ahead of time!

So, anyway.... I FINALLY decided I am making it this weekend.  I miss having ice cream and it's HOT out!  Ice cream has too much fat and sugar and now makes me "dump" as a post weight loss surgery person.  For those that don't know what that is, it is different for everyone but for me I feel super sick to my stomach and most times have to lay down for a while....not.so.fun.  So, some frozen yogurts I can have but they are all calories and I can't have much.  THIS.... I can have and have a normal serving PLUS get protein tuboot!!!!

This recipe came from The World According to Eggface, she has a million protein ice cream recipes, and now I can't wait to try each and every single one of them!!!  Can you give me an AMEN??? ;)


Shelly's Peanut Butter Cup Protein Ice Cream
1 cup Regular or Soy Milk (I used whole Milk, and was told to use 2% or higher for creaminess)
2 scoops Chocolate Protein Powder
1 Tablespoon Peanut Butter, melted (I used Jif Creamy)
Optional: 3 or 4 Sugar Free Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, chopped

(I actually doubled this recipe and it filled a cool whip container full.)

Nuke peanut butter for 25 seconds to thin. Mix together milk, protein & peanut butter. Shelly uses this gadget (I used my blender) to mix it up. It makes it airy and lump free. Pour into ice cream maker while the ice cream maker is moving. Follow your machine's instructions for freezing. 5 minutes before done add the optional chopped SF Reese's. You can eat it right away it is soft serve-ish but I like to put it in the freezer to set for an hour or so.

Also, I added a little more melted peanut butter in between a layer of ice cream to create a pb swirl....awesome!

Enjoy!!

Check Shelly's site for a ton more protein ice cream recipes

No comments:

Post a Comment