Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Jalapeño Popper Cheesy Baked Stuffed Chicken

Oh my, OH MY!!!

I saw this recipe on Skinnytaste and it was a must try!

I think the combo of cream cheese, shredded cheese, jalapenos, scallions, and bacon is simply. AMAZING!

I had asked my husband to precook the bacon before I got home from work to save me a step, he so kindly did and then it was just a quick prep for the rest.  We had just salad with it and it was delicious!  You could even save more time buying the thin chicken breasts, saving you from pounding out flat... but really, who doesn't need to destress by pounding out some chicken breasts now & then?!  I do occasionally.

When you cut into the chicken breasts, the ooey gooey cheesy goodness spills out and the aroma will blow you away!  I. promise.

If you like jalapeno poppers, you will love this.

Ingredients:
  • 2 slices center cut bacon, cooked and crumbled
  • 3 jalapeños, chopped (remove seeds for milder)
  • 3 oz 1/3 less fat cream cheese, softened
  • 4 oz reduced fat shredded cheddar jack (Sargento)
  • 2 tbsp chopped scallions
  • 8 thin sliced skinless chicken breast cutlets, 3 oz each (I only made 4)
  • 1/2 cup Italian seasoned whole wheat breadcrumbs (I used panko, worked perfect)
  • 1 1/2 juicy limes, juice of
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • salt and fresh pepper
  • olive oil non-stick spray
Wash and dry chicken cutlets, season with salt and pepper.  Preheat oven to 450°. Lightly spray a baking dish with non-stick spray.

Combine cream cheese, cheddar, scallions, jalapeño and bacon crumbles in a medium bowl.

Lay chicken cutlets on a working surface and spread 2 tbsp of cream cheese mixture on each cutlet. Loosely roll each one, secure the ends with toothpicks to prevent the cheese from oozing out.

Place breadcrumbs in a bowl; in a second bowl combine olive oil, lime juice, salt and pepper.

Dip chicken in lime-oil mixture, then in breadcrumbs and place seam side down on a baking dish. Repeat with the remaining chicken. When finished, lightly spray the top of the chicken with oil spray.

Bake 22-25 minutes, serve immediately.

For photos of the whole process, go here to Skinnytaste...  I will be trying more recipes from here.

bon appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment