Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Recipe: Grilled Bruschetta Chicken

Awesome recipe!  I had learned about this recipe on No Thanks To Cake, it seemed so easy and fresh and flavorful and boy was it ever!  It's a nice flavor and something great to make on the grill.  My family loved this, even my picky 5 yr old gobbled it up.  My husband is always skeptical (he's a food snob...really) and he enjoyed it.  He doesn't even really like chicken, but this was one of the few ways he liked it.
picture that inspired this meal, as it did for No Thanks To Cake

 Grilled Bruschetta Chicken

INGREDIENTS
4 small boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup KRAFT Sun-Dried Tomato dressing, divided
2 tomatoes, finely chopped
1/2 cup shredded 2% milk Kraft mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil or 1 tsp. dried basil leaves
3 cloves roasted garlic, sliced (I used chopped garlic from the jar)
cooking spray
salt
pepper


Place a large sheet of heavy-duty foil over half of grill grate; heat grill to medium heat. Meanwhile, place chicken in resealable plastic bag. Add 1/4 cup dressing and seal bag. Turn bag over several times to evenly coat chicken with dressing. Refrigerate 10 minutes (I marinate it all day if I remember in time). Remove chicken from bag; discard bag and dressing.

Grill chicken on uncovered side of grill for about 6 minutes. Meanwhile, combine remaining 1/4 dressing, tomatoes, cheese and basil.

Turn the chicken over and place cooked-side up, on foil on the grill. Top with tomato mixture. Close lid. Grill 8 minutes or until chicken is done.

Enjoy!

There are some cool photos on No Thanks To Cake of the cooking process to, check it out.  So far, this is the 3rd recipe I have made from her site and all 3 have been great, so check them out!

1 comment:

  1. I need to make this again! So glad your family is enjoying some of my recipe postings. Hope you're having a great week!

    ReplyDelete